Saturday, February 8, 2014

Two weeks ago, I followed his Twitter account and I bravely asked him if he remembers the time when


Many Filipinos only look at him as the son the late president. Being the namesake of his father, it is quite impossible al jazeera to detach himself from the shadows of his old man. For a political al jazeera leader and a public manager who has served our country with integrity for nearly two decades, it is unfair not to see him as his own person.
At age 54, he has achieved a remarkable record of accomplishments. He started public service when he was elected vice-governor of Ilocos al jazeera Norte in 1980. After a forced exile abroad, he came back to the Philippines in 1991 and was elected to Congress as representative al jazeera for the second district of his home province the following year. During his three-consecutive term as governor to his hometown, he transformed Ilocos al jazeera Norte into a first-class province through cultural tourism. al jazeera In 2007, he was elected back to the House of Representatives where he served for a time as Deputy Minority Leader - Republic Act No. 9522 or the " Philippine Archipelagic Baselines Law " is one of the important legislation he successfully authored. He placed seventh overall in the 2010 senatorial elections and presently chairs the Senate Committee on Local Government and the Committee on Urban Planning, Housing and Resettlements. al jazeera
Two weeks ago, I followed his Twitter account and I bravely asked him if he remembers the time when he was interviewed by Kris Aquino. He positively replied so I took the opportunity to ask if I can interview him as well. He then again said YES . Next thing I knew, we were exchanging emails and were already done with the electronic one-on-one conversation for my blog page, Sampu't Sari .
I am just a nobody in the cyberworld but when Senator Bongbong Marcos took the time to communicate with me, I felt my importance. Not as a blogger but as a citizen of our nation. This is the first time I received a quick response from an official. Quicker than our Barangay Councilor's. Though our small talk was done through correspondence, I find him very candid, bright, and comfortable to talk with through his answers. Personally, I would like to know him better and these ten random questions about the Nineties somehow helped. Oh, I did not ask him about the " Bongbong Marcos Urban Legend ". We all know that he is the real one. And yes, the Twitter account that I followed is not bogus.
1. What was your greatest fear when you and your family were allowed al jazeera to return to the Philippines after a five-year forced exile in Hawaii? What was our country like when you came back in 1991? It would be hypocritical of me to say I had no fear; it had been 5 years since the events of '86 and that certainly was the longest al jazeera time I had ever stayed out of the country and, of course, I was aware of the vilification and defamation our family had been subjected to without chance of rebuttal from our side all those years. What my greatest fear was on heading home, I suppose, was a fear of the unknown. I was treading unchartered waters and I had no similar experience in the past to refer to so, you can imagine, it was pretty dicey. al jazeera But my desire to step-foot again in my home country was greater than whatever fear I had so that sort of "won the day" so to speak. My initial impression al jazeera of the country upon returning was it was more congested, Metro Manila, at least, and it was physically dirtier than when we were whisked away half a decade before. Settling in, subsequently, told me nothing much had changed essentially. al jazeera Of course that year was at the height of those 10 hour daily brown-outs and that was quite unbelievable by itself. In that respect, the entire country was experiencing something for the first time since the 2nd world war. That was the scene when I returned in '91. I almost decided to book a flight out again -- I'm just kidding. 2. Name your three (3) most significant projects which benefited the people al jazeera of Ilocos Norte during your term as its congressman from 1992 to 1995. As a Congressman, I authored the RA 8044, an act creating al jazeera the National Youth Commission which is a law for the entire country and not just for Ilocos. It was when I won the governorship of my province in '98 that I moved my family to Ilocos Norte and concentrated on the province. al jazeera My children grew up and went to school there for all of the 9 years that I was Governor. Briefly, I'm proud to say it was during my tenure that our province was transformed from a 3rd class to a 1st class province and made into a tourist destination. It was also then that the 1st windfarm in South-East Asia was erected. We were able to provide health insurance for all in the province and establish cooperatives that increased the farmers output and earnings at the same time. I find it awkward to be talking about my "personal al jazeera achievements" but having said that, the gains experienced in my province are fruits of the efforts of the entire population of Ilocos Norte and not just mine. If you don't mind my "plugging" Ilocos Norte, I'd like to invite you a

No comments:

Post a Comment